Monday, August 23, 2010

updates...

I just returned from Lake Issyk-Kul (a.k.a. one of the most beautiful places on earth) where all volunteers from my class (holla 18s!) were gathered for In-Service Training. We stayed at a super nice hotel (get this…REAL showers! I know…luxurious) and just relaxed all week…


Just kidding about the relaxing part. Our week was chalk full of sessions and 6 hours of intense language every day. Still, it was great to see everyone and get out of Chui for a while. Plus I was able to load up my hard drive. I’m planning a James Bond marathon this winter. I want to conduct an in-depth analysis comparing Timothy Dalton and Sean Connery.


Before IST I worked at a summer camp with some other PCVs. This camp focused on life skills training for older students; how to make a resume, interviewing skills, study abroad opportunities, university life, etc. It was a big hit! молодец Kyle Kastler!


Now things are kicking into gear. School starts September 1st and this week I’m busy with lesson planning with my counterpart, Gula, and plotting out secondary projects.


I also just found out that I can’t move into my apartment until October 1st. Apparently my future landlady’s distant relatives will be staying there for the next month. Not gonna lie, I’m really disappointed. I’m more than ready for my own space. Anyways – nothing I can do about that.


There are some exciting things happening over here. I might be able to teach a class or two at a university in Bishkek in the spring, we have this AMAZING photography/film project underway headed by Gina, and I’m already starting to think about plans for after the Peace Corps (all I’m going to say about that is – Korea? Yes please!).


That's about it for now kids - much love!

No comments:

Post a Comment